What is DHEA? A hormone naturally found in the body that declines with age, DHEA converts itself into estrogen and testosterone. DHEA may help support overall health and may help promote healthy aging. DHEA, dehydroepiandrosterone, is the most abundant adrenal steroid hormone in the body. After it is made by the adrenal glands, it travels into cells throughout the body where it is converted into androgens and estrogens. These hormones regulate fat and mineral metabolism, endocrine and reproductive function, and energy levels. The amount of each hormone that DHEA converts to depends on an individual's biochemistry, age, and sex. DHEA levels peak around age 25 and then decline steadily. DHEA supplementation supports emotional well-being and immune function.* Uses For DHEA Immune Function: DHEA supplementation has been shown to support healthy immune cell activity and immune system function in several trials.* Emotional Well-Being: Several studies suggest that DHEA can enhance an overall sense of well-being. In one randomized placebocontrolled cross-over trial, DHEA supplementation for 6 months supported healthy physical and psychological outlook in men and women between the ages of 40 and 70 years.* Lean Body Mass: Some studies involving men and postmenopausal women suggest that DHEA administration may support a healthy ratio of lean muscle to fat mass.* Sexual Function Support: In a 6-month prospective, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study, DHEA supplementation supported healthy male sexual function.* What Is The Source? The compound diosgenin is extracted from wild yam and undergoes a proprietary synthetic process to develop DHEA. The human body cannot metabolize wild yam into DHEA. This process can only take place in a laboratory.
- Supplement Facts
- Serving Size: 1 Tablet
- Servings per Container: 60
- Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
- Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate) 60 mg 6%
- DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone) 50 mg * *Daily value not established.
- Other Ingredients: Cellulose, silica, stearic acid, acacia, cellulose gum, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin.
- Not for use by individuals under the age of 18. Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Consult a physician or licensed, qualified healthcare professional before using this product if you have or have a family history of, prostate illness, prostate enlargement, heart disease or low "good" cholesterol (HDL); or if you are using any other dietary supplement, prescription drug or over-the-counter drug. Do not exceed recommended serving. Exceeding recommended serving may cause serious adverse health effects. Possible side effects include acne, hair loss, hair growth on the face (in women), aggressiveness, irritability, and increased levels of estrogen. Discontinue use and call a physician or licensed, qualified healthcare professional immediately if you experience rapid heartbeat, dizziness, blurred vision, or similar symptoms.